Friday, July 21, 2006

a stroll through the "maximum city"



It was not the usual lazy Saturday morning and quite rightly so. The previous night Pankaj had mentioned about his impending visit to the British Council Library and the shutterbug in me had jumped at the thought of visiting the beautiful South Bombay and making extensive use of my Nikon S3.

10:30 was the timing decided and I was as usual late, although by a few minutes only. We were lucky enough to get hold of the 10:45 fast from Thane and luckier to grab the fourth seat( only those who travel in the second class understand its importance). We reached our destination withing an hour. The strong Bombay police presence on the CST station was tangible but I wondered where did they all come from? May be they have reduced the security of some petty politician who might as well turn out to be the next target.I digress.

We reached the BCL within few minutes of touching base at CST. BCL seemed very cool to me, not for the obvious AC but for the plethora of books at its disposal. Pakya got hold of three books, one a p.g.wodehouse, another a thriller Bunker 13(which now happens to be with me) by some investigavtive journalist and the third one was a book on 'Computer Hacking'. After finishing the proceedings at the library we decided to just roam around to make use of my camera and here are those pictures.

Well there is nothing more to be written about this stroll as the pictures speak for themselves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I got here through the Blogger start up, page - I had to a see the blog names bhurji - and it didn't dissapoint.

Alway good see a bombay based blog I have yet seen

Amit Samant said...

thanks for visiting.do visit again.