Thursday, July 20, 2006

bhurji?

I have decided to change the name of my blog. Why? Umm..let me analyze.

The name of the blog wasn't representing the blog per se. It instead defined me as a person..a lazzybum. Hence decided to change it in such a way that it represents the content on my blog rather than me as an indivisual.
Now why the name "bhurji"? and exactly what is a "bhurji" by the way? For the uninformed a "bhurji" is a term used to describe a dry-ish masala dish which is just a mixture of stuff in small pieces - e.g. pieces of paneer,scrambled egg,tomato,onion, potato etc. As the content of the bhurji is left to the creative freedom of the chef or the cook, there is nothing unique about its taste or the texture except that it has to be spicy. A very popular variety is the egg-bhurji which also happens to be my favourite.
So what has this food item got to do with this blog? Well, a concoction that a "bhurji" is, whose contents are as varied as they could get, my blog intends to be the same. It already is but still things tend to revolve around me too much. I do not want to write about stuff that is just related to me but expand my ramblings to "anything and everything".

Lets see how tasty this "bhurji" turns out to be.

No comments: