Saturday, July 01, 2006

kahn they do it??

Just saw a humdinger, the quater-finals of the FIFA World Cup 2006, where the Germans were playing against the Argentinians, and I must say that it turned out almost as I had expected it to.Though a disappointment for me as my Cup favourites Argentina lost the game, it was a treat to watch, as is any game that goes down to the wire.

Watching the Germans kick in one penalty after another with so much precision and authority, I have developed an opinion and it is that this German team definitely has the character to hold their nerve in a cracker. I could easily see it in their eyes, the killer instinct, the strong desire to win for their country. Naturally after this strong win, the Germans must be oozing with confidence and have emerged as the strongest contenders for the Cup.

But the questions remains. Kahn they do it??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sure hope so!

Anonymous said...

guess not :-(

Amit Samant said...

incidently i was supportin italia yest..the underdogs :-)
and if porto comes thru today then its goin to be difficult for me to choose :-(