Saturday, April 08, 2006

off to kashmir...reporting from delhi

After years of planning,anxiety,aprehension about touring Kashimir:The Paradise on Earth, the day finally arrived when me and and my family finally set off for the experience of a lifetime.

Here I am, blogging from the Delhi Airport,thanks to an MTNL kiosk, to kill some time only because my connecting flight to Srinagar is still 3 hrs away.

Starting off early @ around 5:00 am,we reached Mumbai Airport pretty early, thanks to my overcautious father.Checking in with a TOI in my hand,I walked over towards the gate no. 4 exit.Was quite amazed to notice that the television screen was a CRT in the age of Plasmas and LCDs.This surely left a sour impression on my mind.Long Live AAI and Long Live the India Tourism Industry.
Boarded the huge Airbus A300, an Indian Airlines flight, which to my surprise, and contarary to the previous experience @ the airport, had beautiful hostesses onboard.Seems our PSU airlines have started grasping the tricks of the trade, albeit slowly.Better late than never.
During the flight, I spent my time having breakfast(strictly veg..no idea why??) and later on browsing through the in-house magazine of Alliance Air.The magazine was a good read, primarily for the adventurous expeditions described all throughout.Reading through the mag, I dreamt of backpacking someday without a care in the world.

I need to log off now before my parents come searching for me..:).Will board the Delhi-Srinagar flight in sometime and from there on we and our tour will be in the hands of Kesari tours.

I hope to have an experience that I would cherish for the rest of my life.
Cherio!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! u have loads of fun.. looking forward to all snaps on ur return!

as for the air hostesses... yeah.. they are learning.. :-)
(good for us)

and veg meal... simple. bird flu!

Anonymous said...

kesari tours...........dude...changli Marathi porgil bhetel........guarantee...;-)

Amit Samant said...

@zoxcleb,
oye paaji..bird flu..is it still der???....
thankfully der wasnt even a hint of the same in Kashmir....i had sumptous non-veg meals out der....HAD AN UNBELIEVEABLE EXPERIENCE....will blog in some time

@aneeket,
are pora....mazje vay gele..:(...
lahan lahan pori hotya tikde..12vi pass/10vi pass....

Anonymous said...

@lazzybum

dont worry... its not all the way there! even the flu is afraid of visiting serene places like that!

await to see snaps.. and hear ur story of the UNBELIEVEABLE EXPERIENCE as u put it! :-)

Amit Samant said...

dude!!...the snaps r up der..look out 4 the flikr badge on the sidebar..the have come out amazin or what?
..and abt the experience being unbelievable...its just becoz i havent been to any place before as beautiful as Kashmir..that green thickly pine-forested chain of montains..along with white-powdered artistry extendin beyond the snowline....its ineffable
..and do u know it snowed in Gulmarg?..it really SNOWED..every tourist who goes der, longs for it....what else do i want in Life??...what else??

Anonymous said...

cant see the flickr badge :-(

it snowed?! wow! u lucky chap... snow is always surreal... now i want to see the pics.. where on earth is that flickr badge!!!!!!