Sunday, April 23, 2006

enjoiin saturdays!!

Here on Blogger, @ this eventful hour I declare that Saturday is the most lovable day of the week.

I started enjoiin today before the day had actually set in, doesnt mean that I woke up early...just that i slept late..caught up with the idiot box and surfed the web.

Woke up late @ around 10:30 am or so(.. dnt care to remember). Heard the news that Pramod Mahajan has been shot, and the immediate thought that crossed my mind was "oh-he-is-in-the-limelite-now".Never been so cruel and heartless. I regret it and pray that he recovers to normality. Happens,I mumbled and continued with the unpleasant morning chores minus a bath, minus a disoriented search for ironed formal attire.

(offtrack)
Watching my mother and the media go frenzy over the breaking news this morning was quite understandable. That all the channels would go bersek the whole day was anybodys guess. I scowled @ my mother in an attempt to make her understand that its his life and the matter was altogether a personal one, not necessary for public scrutiny. But she is my mother and started jumping channels, completely ingnoring my gyaan.
(/offtrack)

As I browsed through the TOI, particular BT, realisation struck me that I havent yet watched the flick Being Cyrus. Another critically acclaimed movie and I did not want myself to feel the same about it, the way I had, when I had missed out on Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi in the theatres. Didnt care to call anybody, had my lunch and drove myself to the nearest multiplex. To my pleasant surprise the ticket was just 70 bucks(..mind you, i am still in TCS and offsite) . Met an old friend of mine, Subbu. Is currently lazzin around in the city after two gruelling yem-bee-yae years.He was with his friends. Me alone.
Abt the movie..hmm.Brilliant short movie, kept me guessin as it unfolded the story of a weird Parsi Family. All the actors are commendable to say the least.Thats it..no more review from my side..as there are critics paid for the same...please read them.No, wait!!...cant help commenting that Dimple Kapdia was sexxxy as ever.

Back home now, I am pondering over the possiblity of catching up with some friends later in the evening.Might just make this Saturday more enjoyable than I would have thought of.

So, a lazzzzzy morning, ghar ka khana, a good movie, and some catching up with friends is all that one needs for a Great Saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky bastard.....when will I have a gr8 saturday...life so sucks right now!!!
Btw wo koi ladki pakad yaar.......akele kya jaat hai movie ko ;-)

Anonymous said...

and btw the Gavche Patil title was good ......kinda liked it ...hehehehe

Amit Samant said...

@gavche patil urf aneeket,
hmm..i understand job hunt always sucks...
and abt watchin a flick wid friends or wid a grl is such a cliche....
Watchin it alone was different...wanted 2 get over the apprehension of the same

abt the title....will kindly revert back..:D

Anonymous said...

A saturday well spent.. I did something of similar vein - just that i travelled to another state just for this!!! :D Was loads of fun!!