Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Irrationality.

When there is so much talk about how educated human beings like us should be rational all the time in our thinking, I wonder, why do we sometimes do things that are absolutely irrational? Like, why do I, at times, do not hesitate to give alms to a beggar and sometimes I do? Why can I not look at that issue( of giving alms) using a rational thought process? What I mean here is, if I am to make a rational decision on this I would make it this way: if I find a reasonably young man/woman begging, I will refuse them right away but if I find a old man/woman doing the same, I wont hesitate in giving the money. But I am sad to notice that I do not always think in the above manner while giving alms. Sometimes it is an arbit refusal and at other times an emotional yield. I don't get this.


p.s: I will be updating this post as and when I find myself amidst irrational behaviour.

No comments: